This recipe makes 4 portions.
The goulash soup can be also used the next day or it can be frozen .
600g of Skirt Steak
Large 3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 potatoes, medium sized
salt and pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp paprika powder
1. Cut the meat and the washed and peeled vegetables into 1cm cubes.
2. In a pot, heat the oil and pan fry the beef cubes on high heat until they are coloured on all sides.
3. Add the vegetables and fry them with the meat. Ensure that you maintain high heat.
4. Add the tomato paste and roast it with the meat and vegetables until it starts getting brown.
5. Add 100ml water and let it roast one more time until the paste gets even browner.
6. Sprinkle with the paprika powder, season with salt and pepper and fill up with 2½ litres of water.
7. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam and fat on top.
8. Let the soup gently boil for 45-60 minutes. Check if the meat cubes are soft.
9. Taste for seasoning.
10. Add chopped parsley shortly before serving the soup with bread.