This recipe makes 4 portions.
Whenever you simmer a brisket, such as the recipe on page 45, you will often have leftovers which will make a nice salad for summer nights .
150 grams pickled cucumber
200 grams gruyere cheese
150 grams peeled, seeded tomatoes
1 head butterhead lettuce
1. Cut the cooled brisket into cubes . Make sure you don’t have pieces that consist only of fat.
2. Slice the cheese and the pickled cucumbers
3. Wash the butterhead lettuce
4. For the sauce, use French dressing or any other dressing you prefer . I like simple vinaigrette made with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5. Thoroughly toss all the ingredients including the herbs together
6. Serve with some nice bread.